Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Best Night Yet!

Tonight we went to Barbablu for yet another fantastic meal of gnocchi, bruschette, lasagna, steak, etc. It was great to connect with the owner, our favorite member of the Barbablu staff, Giorgio. The past two nights we have joked about how much I love the Barbablu waiter shirts that feature the restauraunt's emblem, a ship. After finishing off our tiramisu and our lemon-strawberry italian ice desserts, I posed for a picture with Giorgio. Meanwhile, without my noticing, Tschaffe asked the waiter about bringing me a shirt. After I sat back down, the waiters seemed to be whispering about something and next thing I knew they were bringing me a shirt! I was extremely surprised and even more excited about getting it and wearing it makes me feel like even more of a part of the Barbablu family. (It's even more appreciated due to the minimal amount of clothing at my disposal) Everything here is fantastic, other highlights include a great tour guide taking us through the Vatican, the view from the top of the Vatican, and a relaxing late lunch in piazza Navona. This is the trip of a lifetime.
-Baylor

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a dream come true -- all this and tiramisu too!

    ReplyDelete